Monday, December 3, 2012

Birth Announcement

Photobucket

I thought you might like to see Ava's birth announcement.

I took the photo myself after we didn't get the sleepy-newborn shot I was going for during her newborn photo shoot (more from both sessions here).

I ordered the announcements from Etsy seller Palm Papers. I liked that she offered printing instead of just a digital proof that you have to have printed yourself like most Etsy sellers these days. The digital route is definitely less expensive, but as a mom with a newborn I definitely did not have the time or energy to arrange printing on my own.

Plus, the quality of the cards was so much better than what I could have gotten at Kinko's or Staples. The cards are nice and thick, with a slight texture, and they also have the pink gingham printed on the back as well which is a little detail that I really love.

Funny story: when my grandma got the announcement in the mail, she didn't think it was Ava. She's so much chunkier now, I can actually kind of see why. (Although it would be weird to put a picture of someone else's baby on my birth announcement, right?)

These went out in October, and I'm now working on our Christmas cards, so I'll share that with you once they've been delivered. You're going to be amazed at how much she's changed in the (less than) 10 weeks between when the two photos were taken!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...