Tuesday, August 14, 2012

36 & 37 Weeks

37 weeks! Full term! We made it!

I'm so proud of her (ok, and me).

I went back to work today, thank goodness. I'm not sure how much more Price is Right and DIY Network I could take before going stir-crazy. Although I didn't mind my daily 2:00 naptime with Sugar, and I sure wouldn't have minded one this afternoon. All in all it was a great first day back and it was so great to see everyone.

Since I didn't post a weekly update last week, I figured I'd give you the whole she-bang this week:

1. How far along? 37 weeks today, which is officially full term. Because of how my pregnancy has been going and my history of high blood pressure (which has thankfully continued to be super-controlled so far), my doctor doesn't want me to go much beyond my due date, so it's a little crazy to think that no matter what she'll be here in about 3 weeks or less!

2. How big is baby? We had an ultrasound on Thursday and she was estimated to be 5 lbs, 14 oz, which is in the 32nd percentile. I was a little disappointed because she was about 5 lbs when we had our ultrasound in the hospital, so I was expecting her to have grown a bit more 3 full weeks later. But my doctor said everything else looked great and she was not concerned, so I'm trying not to worry either. If she goes to 40 weeks, she's on track to be 7-something lbs, so I'm trying to just be happy that she's not going to be HUGE.

3. Weight gain? About 18 lbs, which I'm ok with. My goal was 20 lbs or less, so hopefully I can stick pretty closely to that.

4. Stretch marks? It's a sad state of affairs guys. They're on the front of my belly (on both sides now) and they are not pretty. But I'm trying to take comfort in the fact that they're limited to my stomach and no other body parts.

5. Maternity clothes? Umm, yes. And even those are getting uncomfortable. Putting on "real" clothes after 3+ weeks of bed rest soft clothes and night gowns wasn't the greatest. I might have to stick to my flowy dresses for the next 3 weeks.

6. Sleep? I have to get up at least 2 or 3 times now each night to pee, but other than that I can't complain too much. 

7. Best moment last week? Getting out of the house! We went to our last childbirth class last night. There were five total sessions and we had to miss two while I was on bedrest, but it was nice to be able to go back and show everyone that I was ok -- I kind of felt like a celebrity! Also, we've made a lot of good progress in the nursery (thank goodness for online shopping!). I CANNOT WAIT to show you guys. I'm so excited with how it's turning out. I have a few things I need to get out and shop for this weekend and then hopefully I'll be able to put the finishing touches on everything and do a big reveal!

8. Cravings? I don't think I've really had any specific cravings. I just crave food, all of the time.

9. Symptoms? A little bit of swelling in the hands and feet, getting out of breath more easily, a belly that's constantly getting in the way -- you know, the normal stuff.

10. Exercise? Yeah, no. I cancelled my Y membership when I was on bedrest (hopefully I can reactivate it soon after the baby is born). At this point I'm doing good to be up off the couch and going about my daily activities. Although if she doesn't make her appearance in the next week or two Lee says he's going to make me start doing laps around the neighborhood (he's ready to meet her!).

11. Gender? Girl.

12. Movement? Still consistent and strong. Sometimes uncomfortable. Lots of hiccups. 

13. Belly button? Very shallow but still not poking out. I don't think I'll ever get to that point (whew!), although Lee is convinced that she'll be "done" when it pops out like a turkey timer.

14. What I miss? Sleeping and lying on my back and stomach. Getting up from the couch without grunting and struggling. And I'm finally starting to hanker for a nice glass of wine or cocktail!

15. What I'm looking forward to? Hopefully wrapping up some final shopping this weekend and finishing the nursery.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...