Tuesday, July 10, 2012

32 Weeks

1. How far along? 32 weeks today. That means I have 8 weeks left. Less than two months! It seems like such a long time and such a short amount of time all at once. And I keep being reminded that it could be much shorter than that if she decides to come early, which of course panics me because there's SO MUCH left to be done. 

2. How big is baby? About 3.75 lbs and 17 inches long.

3. Nursery progress: she officially has a place to sleep! We picked up her crib this weekend, bought her mattress and set everything up (even though I still need to wash her bedding and iron the bedskirt). The glider is in, but we're waiting for the dresser to come in to pick them both up at once. It was fun to see the crib come together, but it just reminds me of all the stuff I still need to research/decided on/buy/set up, like: curtains, curtain rods, a rug?, light fixture, lamp, storage, artwork, the list goes on and on...

4. Pregnancy dreaming is the craziest. A small sampling of things I dreamed about, just last night: that we went on a cruise to Africa, that my friend Sara was a contestant on the Price is Right, Channing Tatum (not complaining about this one), that a pregnant coworker was suddenly having twins.

5. Adventures in childbirth class: we had our first childbirth class last night. It's a series of 5 classes, each 2.5 hours at the hospital where we'll be delivering. Last night we went over the anatomy & physiology of pregnancy, warning signs, contractions and learned some relaxation techniques. I have to say I felt pretty well educated since most of the stuff was already familiar to me. But I'm sure that will change as we get into the nitty gritty of labor and delivery, and I'm sure Lee learned a few things. He has been skeptical of this class all along (and dreading it) and he confirmed that it was just about as bad as he thought it was going to be. I have to say, the relaxation part made me feel pretty stupid and I couldn't stop laughing during the part where Lee was supposed to be caressing me and helping me relax through touch. I have a feeling the last thing I'm going to want during a painful contraction is for him to be stroking my arm. We shall see.

6. What I'm looking forward to? My first baby shower! AND my second, both in the same weekend! I can't wait to spend time with all of my favorite ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...