Tuesday, March 27, 2012

17 Weeks

1. How big is Baby Wade? The size of an onion (5 inches long and 5 ounces).

2. New fun pregnancy symptom: holy heartburn Batman! It's actually more like indigestion. With burping. It's gross. And kind of scary, because at first I was convinced I was about to have a heart attack. I'm still not totally convinced I'm not, because pregnancy is also doing weird things like making my heart race (evidently it's pumping twice the blood as usual) and I get out of breath sometimes after doing the smallest things. Fun times.

3. I'm in a weird limbo period where we're so close to finding out the sex (next week!) that it feels like it doesn't make sense to look at nursery ideas or baby gear or think of names until we know. Which is ok, because things are busy and I don't have time to scour Pinterest anyway.

4. This has nothing to do with my pregnancy, but can we talk about Jessica Simpson for a bit? She was on Ellen recently and I was so shocked by her appearance I had to save it and show it to Lee. (If you missed it, you can take a look here.) I've seen some VERY pregnant women in my life, but homegirl is a big as a house. And she's not having twins, although Ellen is skeptical (by the way, her comment about getting "knocked up by a baller" is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard). I'm concerned. Is this the way most pregnant women look at the very end? Or did she just go crazy with the onion rings and gain 80 lbs instead of 25? I hesitate to be negative towards any pregnant woman (after all I may be eating my words in a few months) but Jessica has put herself out there so much during this pregnancy (and out there and out there) that I don't feel as bad about voicing my opinion.

That's all my tired brain can manage for now, but next week is going to be BIG! And I can't wait to share it all with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...