Tuesday, March 6, 2012

14 Weeks

I'm planning on doing a weekly update of some sort throughout my pregnancy, but I have no idea what shape they'll take yet. I'm definitely not ready to start posting a weekly picture, because there's nothing showing yet. (Although the waistband of my jeans is suddenly uncomfortable and I have a feeling I'll need to be making some maternity purchases sooner than I thought.)

I know there are various lists of standard questions that people use to give an update each week, but I think that might be a little too regimented for me. Some answers wouldn't change much from week to week so that might get boring for you. And I'm surely not updating you every week on how much weight I've gained (although the answer at this point is 0, thankyouverymuch.)

So maybe each week I'll just answer the questions I want to answer, and throw some fun ones in there along the way. And if there's something you want to know, holler. I may or may not tell you, but it doesn't hurt to ask. So here goes.

  1. How far along? 14 weeks today, which officially puts me in the second trimester.
  2. How big is baby Wade? The size of a lemon, or about 3.5 inches.
  3. Annoying symptom of the week: round ligament pain, which is basically my uterus stretching to accommodate this human. Lovely, huh? It hurts, and sometimes is kinda scary.
  4. Hormonal moment: There have been more of these than I'd like to admit. My favorite was when I was working on our headboard (post to come soon), tediously nailing nailhead trim in a not-so-straight-line. Lee came in an pointed out some things that weren't great (in a helpful and constructive manner) and I burst into tears. "It's not you, it's the hormones!" I said. To which he declared "I don't think arts & crafts are for pregnant people." And that is why I married him. Because he can make me laugh in the middle of a sob fest.
  5. Scariest moment: calling around and getting pricing from local daycares. Holy guacamole -- I think I'm in the wrong business. When I sent the prices to Lee, along with stating that I was going to need some maternity clothes soon, his response was "baby needs to get a job."
  6. Pregnancy brain already? Every morning before I leave for work I put Sugar in her kennel. I've been doing it for 3 years now and have never once forgotten. I'm sure you can tell where this is going. We've come home from work twice in the past two weeks to find Sugar chilling on the porch, free as a bird. Oops.
Well, that's it for now. I'm off to bed, where I'll wake up without fail around 3:00 for my required middle-of-the-night bathroom trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...