Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Office Wrap-Up

I'm officially ready to declare my office done. And I'm in L-O-V-E. Couldn't be happier with how everything turned out (well, taking my budget and resources into account).

As a refresher, here are some "before" shots:

Photobucket

Photobucket

And here's how she turned out:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

You can visit previous posts to find out more about what I wanted out of this space, how I brought the old farm table back to life, my leaning bookcase storage, my DIY pinboard frames and how I turned Ikea duvets into curtains.

And now for some more details of what's going on up in here.

A big piece of the puzzle in this room was storage. Storage for office supplies, party supplies, wrapping supplies and crafting/scrapbooking supplies. And for all of that, I turned to Ikea.

Up first, a traditional Expedit bookcase.

Photobucket

The baskets house miscellaneous scrapbooking, stamping and party supplies and the open shelves hold finished scrapbooks, camera gear and my market totes.

This is also the site of my "wrapping station" with a basket for rolls of paper, a ribbon box and a vintage metal locker basket for tissue paper and gift tags.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Up next is another bookcase, this one housing actual books.

Photobucket

(I didn't say they were intellectual books.)

Photobucket

Lee bought me this bookcase for my birthday one year and stained it himself.

A fan is a must because it gets hot up here in the summer (we don't use the upstairs much so we intentionally set the thermostat high), and I love this little brushed nickel Hunter number from Target.

Beside the fan is my little stationery area, filled with a variety of cards and my address and bookplate stampers.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Beside my desk is another Ikea storage unit for all of my office-type supplies. It's not the prettiest thing ever but it serves its purpose.

Photobucket

Comparmentalized inserts for the top drawer are perfect for little doo-dads.

Photobucket

On my worktable, a 3-drawer box holds even more supplies and an empty paint can corrals various writing utensils.

Photobucket

And finally, a peek into the closet. This loft has a nice walk-in closet, but since clothes and shoes weren't what I was storing, I needed to add some vertical shelving. Ikea fit the bill yet again.

Photobucket

From top to bottom: tubs, trays and tablecloths for entertaining; acrylic trays of ribbon and crafting embellishments; more party trays/buckets and tins for fabric and hardware; and two shelves of candles, vases and frames.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I store extra gift bags on a hanger in the closet as well.

Photobucket

And here's a better peek into the acrylic trays, just because they're pretty (if you haven't seen a pattern forming yet, I kind of have a thing for ribbon).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally, I added some additional seating (chair and throw are from Ikea) and a new light fixture (barn light from Lowe's).

Photobucket

I'm super happy with how it turned out and ready to get up there and be inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...