Sunday, June 19, 2011

To My Dad

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dad, on this Father's Day, here are a few of the reasons I'm thankful for you:
  • For responding to every question, every favor, big or small with your signature "sure!" reply.
  • For Saturday morning breakfasts of Mt. Dew and a Ring Pop from the Hasty Mart, followed by a driving lesson on the farm (where you had to work the pedals, since I couldn't reach).
  • For reading me The House That Had Enough so many times that you knew the words by heart, and I did too.
  • For weekend wakeup calls of the "I Cain't Get 'Em Up" song and flickering our light switches.
  • For teaching us all of your silly sayings and songs, but replacing the cuss words.
  • For giving up your dream of farming when I came along, because you just couldn't make it work now that I was in the picture.
  • And for working your way in road construction from the man who turns the Stop/Slow sign all the way up to where you are now.
  • Yet always encouraging us to do good in school and get a good degree so we wouldn't have to work as hard and overcome as many obstacles as you did.
  • For being my #1 blog reader.
  • For walking me down the aisle, giving the most perfect wedding speech and lifting me up on your shoulders before the night was through.
  • For loving my husband, and accepting him as the son you never had.
For all of these reasons and about 8,000 more, I love you. You are truly the best. Happy Father's Day.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...