Friday, April 22, 2011

Photo Editing

I use Photoshop to edit my pictures, and use The Pioneer Woman's free action sets for most of my editing.

My favorite action by far? Boost. For 95% of my pictures, I simply run the Boost action and call it a day.

This is a SOOC (straight out of camera) shot from Brevyn's birthday:

Photobucket

And here it is with Boost (and a bit of cropping):

Photobucket

The pictures I took of Britt holding Brevyn were back lit, and therefore dark. For these, I ran the "Slight Lighten" action two times, followed by Boost.

SOOC:

Photobucket

After:

Photobucket

This shot was really, really dark, but I loved it, so I did my best to brighten it up a bit.

Photobucket

It turned out a little grainy and the background is blown out, but I still like the moment it captures.

Photobucket

The one picture I really wanted to get was Brevyn with her parents and birthday cake. I managed to snap two shots. The first was great of Brev and Britt, but Heith? Not so much.

Photobucket

Heith managed to keep his eyes open in the second shot, but by this point Brevyn was distracted and I liked her better in the first shot.

Photobucket

So I used some Lasso tool magic and swapped Heith's head from the second shot in to the first shot. After cropping and running Boost, I ended up with this:

Photobucket

Pretty cool, huh? This was my first successful head-swapping experience, so I just had to share.

My other go-to in Photoshop is the spot healing tool. It works wonders on blemishes, moles, flyaway hairs and, coincidentally enough, stains on high chairs.

So there's a peek at a few of my befores and afters. Any by the way, I have no idea what I'm doing so don't listen to anything I say. I'm sure there are 50 things I should have done differently to make these pics even better. But that's what practice is for, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...