Monday, December 13, 2010

A Few Christmas Notes

1. How awesome are Target's holiday ads? The music makes me stop what I'm doing and watch the commercials every time. Did you know you can download all of the songs for free? My favorite song (and commercial) is Toy Jackpot.

2. Christmas had me really stressed out this year. Even before Thanksgiving I was starting to feel all kinds of anxiety, like I was behind on Christmas and it wasn't even Thanksgiving yet. Now that cards are mailed, my house is decorated and my shopping is 80% done I'm feeling better and am actually looking forward to what's left on my to do list. Maybe that's because my to do list is now down to: attending two holiday parties and hosting one, baking cookies, some last-minute shopping, and wrapping presents -- all things I (somewhat) enjoy.

3. Speaking of stress though, you know the line in the song Home for the Holidays that goes 'From Atlantic to Pacific, Gee, the traffic is terrific!' What the hell are they talking about? Are they being sarcastic? I sure hope so.

4. We debated long and hard about sending out a Christmas card this year. Is it lame for a married couple to send a card? Should we just wait until we have a kid? Lee and my sister had almost talked me out of it. But then I realized that it's something I enjoy doing, and I LOVE receiving cards, so I wanted to return that happiness. The cards printed much darker than the proof, which I was a bummed about, but I still like them. Here's how they were intended to look:


5. My new addiction is Starbucks' salted caramel hot chocolate. I can't go in Target or Barnes & Noble now without ordering one.

6. I always try to save up a chunk of my vacation days for December, so I can have a nice long stretch off at Christmas and a few days here and there to get stuff done (I have to use up my PTO by the end of the year). Including time that the agency is closed, I have a full two weeks off at the end of the month. I'm very excited about that. Even though my to do list is a mile long, it's mostly filled with fun things like books I want to read and movies I want to watch.

7. Friday was one of my random extra days off. I don't think I took a second to rest all day long. My day = cycle bootcamp at the gym, shower, vacuuming up pine needles and glitter, pick up dry cleaning, post office, Panera for lunch, Target (with a salted caramel hot chocolate of course), pharmacy, wrapping presents, about 5 loads of laundry and packing for Charlotte.

8. Speaking of Charlotte, we headed there this weekend for Steph and Tyler's wedding, staying downtown at the Omni. We had an amazing time dancing and singing the night away at the after party, and at the after AFTER party. Again though, we're not cut out for that kind of shenanigans anymore, as we found out on Sunday morning.

9. What is up with this weather? It is NOT supposed to be this cold this early. I should've asked for more gloves and scarves for Christmas.

10. I'll be back later this week to show you our Christmas decor, along with a little DIY project I concocted last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...