Monday, December 20, 2010

Deck the Halls

Our Christmas decor hasn't changed much since last year. I did a silver, white and light blue color scheme in the living room and bright red and green in the kitchen.

We had to put our tree in a different spot this year since we have a new bookcase where the tree used to go (I promise I'll show you our living room progress someday), but we found a spot for it and I had fun decorating the bookcase as well.

Let's start with the outside.

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of my favorite things is making our front door wreath with live greenery every year. My grandma taught me how to do it and it's one of my favorite parts of our decor. We don't have a live tree anymore, so I love still being able to smell that wonderful Christmas tree smell as we walk in the door.

And now the living room.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now on to the dining room.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the red and green kitchen.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This card holder was my DIY project this year. I've been wanting a Christmas card holder since they won't all fit on our fridge (since our fridge is true stainless steel, the front of it isn't magnetic, so we only have a little square on the side where we can hang stuff). I couldn't find a card holder I liked so I decided to make one.

We had this old barnwood frame laying around, so I tacked on some ribbon and used mini clothespins to hang the cards. I originally wanted a regular white frame, but the barnwood really grew on me. (Plus it was f-r-e-e free.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The card holder is packed to the max now, so I might have to go even bigger next year! I'm not complaining though because one of the things I love most about December is checking the mailbox to find Christmas cards waiting for me.

So that's a peek inside at our Christmas decorations. I have ONE LAST Christmas present to buy and a few more to wrap and then I'm DONE! It'll be here before we know it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...