Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday Funday

This was the first weekend we've been home in what seems like forever, so I was excited to get some things done around the house and crossed off the To Do list.

But I ended up having to work this weekend, so I spent most of yesterday working and the rest of the day cleaning up the house. When I went to bed last night with the house finally clean, the laundry done and my work project in a somewhat stable condition, I was determined to get the most out of my Sunday: a little relaxing, a little fun and getting some projects done.

We woke up to the sound of thunder this morning, but it was actually kind of nice to lay in bed and listen to the storm (even though I wouldn't have minded sleeping in a little longer). The storm passed and we decided to get out and about.

We hit up HHGregg, Lowe's, Panera for lunch and then the NC Ag Fest at the state fairgrounds. The Ag Fest was pretty much a lot of people milling around for free samples of barbecue sauce, but the petting zoo made the trip totally worth it.

This thing had the longest neck ever:


I'm not sure what this is but I want one:


Sally the camel has two humps:

He was cute too:


But these little piglets were the cutest:


And, we're flying halfway around the world to see one of these guys when there was one here in Raleigh all along:


After the Ag Fest, we hit up The Meat House, a new fancy butcher shop in Cary, for some delicious marinated meats (we had a gift certificate). We also picked up two cold glass bottle Cokes there -- they were the best.

For dinner Lee cooked the marinated steak tips, along with asparagus and bruschetta.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And, if you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you may already know that our day also included a purchase I've been plotting for for a long time. More on that tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...