Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Office Introduction

I mentioned last week that I finally started to clean out our loft, which serves as my office slash craft space. Although in reality it has mostly been serving as storage for leftover wedding crap and boxes of scrapbooking supplies that I don't use anymore.

The loft really is a cool space -- as you walk upstairs it's off to the right and has a half wall that looks down over the living room. It's a big space though, big enough to be a bedroom, and has a large walk-in closet.

And now I'm on a mission to make it a space that is actually functional.

Although I don't scrapbook much anymore (because I'm now leaning more towards super quick and easy photobooks), I still love being creative and need a space for working on random crafts, wrapping presents, and scheming my next home design project.

Here's a glimpse of where the loft was a couple of weeks ago:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Not an ideal space for productivity or creativity.

Again, living with this mess for a year and a half has given me a pretty good idea of what I'd like in this space. So, here's the wish list:

- A large worktable for craft projects
- Lots of storage for books and magazines, craft supplies, and wrapping supplies
- Storage/organization for the closet
- Curtains
- A table fan (because it gets hot up here in the summer)
- Possibly a little sitting/reading area

I'm convinced that having all of my supplies nice and organized and a nice blank workspace (without having to run downstairs to the dining table to wrap a present) is going to be super inspiring. We'll see.

So, now that you know the plan, I'll be posting small projects along the way and will keep you up to date on the progress.

Tune in tomorrow for the first installation: Project Worktable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...