Monday, February 22, 2010

Baby Shower

This weekend I helped throw a baby shower for my cousin Brittany.

I was in charge of decorations. Britt is having a little girl, and has decorated her nursery in lavender, pink and green, so that was the color scheme we used.

I especially love the way the beverage and dessert table turned out:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I made lots of tissue paper flowers using these instructions from Martha and decorated the window with a clothesline of onesies. Pink lemonade with lime slices added to the color palette. And the cupcakes from The Cupcake Shoppe in Raleigh spelling out the baby's name -- Brevyn Joy Harrison -- were both beautiful and delicious.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The food table was decorated with a few more pom-poms and a centerpiece of wheatgrass and gerber daisies in galvanized pails. If you know me, you know wheatgrass is my go-to party trick. It couldn't be easier to grow or prettier.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also made a banner for the mantle:

Photobucket

Britt got lots of sweet gifts and we played some fun games involving toilet paper, baby food and dirty diapers.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Mama doesn't look so sure about that one...

Finally, here's a pic of the hostesses and the mommy-to-be:
Photobucket

And I'll leave you with this fabulous shot. Isn't she radiant??
Photobucket

We love you Britt and can't wait to meet little Brevyn!

1 comment:

  1. 1. Decorations awesome.
    2. Martha's little tissue pom-pom instructions have been in my favorites for some time now waiting to be made for a birthday. I guess it will be July before I make them though.
    3. Brittany looks beautiful!
    4. What is this Cupcake Shoppe? I might be making a trip to Raleigh to find out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...