Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Piddling and Tinkering

Lee came out of the woods behind our house one day with this:


"I found this in the woods. I'm going to make a grill out of it."

"That's stupid. You already have a $600 grill sitting on the patio."

"Well it's going to be a smoker, not a regular grill."

I rolled my eyes and said "Whatever lady." This is what Lee says to me when I'm trying to tell him something -- it means 'stop telling me what to do. I'm going to end up going along with what you said but first I want to be difficult about it.' So I've started using it back on him. It means 'that's a stupid idea but whatever.'

So he piddled and tinkered in the garage for two weeks and it was great because he was out of my hair and I could watch Ellen in peace without him griping.

Of course there were parts that had to be bought but they were pretty minor -- hinges, handles, grill grates. He bought a Dremel to do some of the cutting and had burnt the motor up within 10 minutes. Lowe's kindly replaced it though.

In the end, he came out with this:


I was pretty impressed, but would never admit it. All he got from me was a Whatever Lady.

Tune in tomorrow to hear about how the first meal on the smoker turned out.

1 comment:

  1. I never knew Lee was such a handyman. I'm impressed. Tell him I said so.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...