Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Tour of Homes

Christmas Tour of Homes with The Nester

The Nester's Christmas Tour of Homes is the perfect excuse to show you all of our Christmas decor. Here's the outside of our house:


Thanks to some tutorials from my Giga last year, the wreath is made of fresh greenery (smells SO good) and I made all of the red bows myself. The garland is artificial garland that we spruced up with some fresh greenery (a great trick to make cheap garland look luxurious).



Inside, the color scheme is blues, silvers and whites. One of my favorite new things on our tree this year is the silver W from Restoration Hardware. And I love making presents fancy with pretty ribbon.


This ornament from Crate & Barrel is one of my favorites.


Coffee table decor. And sequined pillow that I LOVE and Lee hates.


Our mantle.


Monogrammed stockings.


Banister.


Big things are happening in our dining room. Full post to come on that later(!) But this was my first Christmas with a full size dining room table to decorate. Although I was prepared to spend some dough on table decor (most of our other decorations were bought last year so we didn't have much to buy this year), I played around with some things I already had (mainly due to lack of time to go shopping before our first Christmas gathering) and ended up with something I loved that cost zero dollars and zero cents.


The vases and pillar candles are repurposed from our wedding. The fresh greenery was free. As were the cute little pine cones that I made Lee and Sugar gather from the woods behind our house. And the silver beaded garland was left over from last year. You can't beat free.


Hope you enjoyed the tour!

1 comment:

  1. Look at our very own little Martha freakin' Stewart.
    Your house is beautiful and your street name is my favorite. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...